Skip to main content

Red Velvet Wendy 'First Solo in 7 Years', Sincere Heart with Warmth [General]


  In 2014, Wendy, who debuted as a group Red Velvet, throws an appearance as a solo singer after 7 years.  

An online press conference to commemorate the release of Wendy's first mini-album 'Like Water' was broadcast live on the afternoon of the 5th. On this day, while Joy of Red Velvet began shooting as an MC, Wendy had time to share her feelings about the release of her first solo album and explain the double title track and track. 



First of all, Wendy said she did not believe that she would become the first solo runner among Red Velvet members. Wendy, who realized it only while preparing the album, said, "I have more responsibility. I did my best to listen to the music that melted my voice and emotions." 

In this album, Wendy's most important keyword was "comfort and empathy. He repeated the keyword 'comfort and empathy' several times for each question, emphasizing how important he thinks in this album. 




The change to be shown as a vocalist is also on the rise. The reason behind the double title songs such as 'Like Water' and 'When This Rain Stops' with the same name as the album name is also due to its tone. 

Wendy said, "Each one can feel a different tone. We sang differently to convey the message contained in each song, so please listen to it." 

Wendy, who announced a new beginning as a solo singer after 7 years of her debut, explained, "As a member of Red Velvet, I have been working hard to create color. As a solo singer, I put it in the album to show my own color." did. 

Like Wendy's positive energy and warm smile, 'Like Water' was also filled with warmth. He said, "This album itself is close to me. I want to do music that conveys comfort and sympathy to many people as it has a warm sensibility." 

At the same time, he expressed his gratitude toward the fans who sent messages of support and encouragement to Wendy during his hiatus, saying, "I'll show the people who have been waiting for me for a long time singing on the stage in a happy way, so I hope you enjoy them together." 




Finally, Wendy said, "I wanted to show a new look like a solo singer, and at the same time I was worried about taking colors as red velvet. Since both are my own, I try not to lose each color. I will continue to be solo Wendy and I am going to be I will show you a good image as Red Velvet Wendy. Please look forward to it." 

Wendy's first mini-album 'Like Water' will be released today (5th) at 6 pm through various online music sites. 

Watch the below





Comments