Skip to main content

Maddox returns as a fairy tale article, a message that deepens as he grows


 Singer Madox has returned after a year. On the

15th, Madox's new song 'Knight' was released.

'Night' is Maddox's fourth single released in about a year after 'Sleep' announced last year.

About Madox's new song 'Knight', "I became a speaker and put the character of Madox into a song as an article in a fairy tale. There is a lyric in the lyrics, "I'll wake you up from sleep." It has a slight double meaning. These days, there are many people who are struggling with Corona 19, and it has the meaning of awakening a nightmare by comparing their stress to sleep. I wanted to," he introduced.

Regarding the concept of a novel-like composition and a fairytale-like song, "Eden Hyung, who was in charge of the production, first presented it. Ethan Hyung said that he had fun watching the little prince when he was young," he said. "I also wanted to emphasize the boyish voice."

Madox came back about a year after the single 'Sleep' released in June last year. Many fans expected volumetric work, but returning as a single again may be regrettable.

Madox also said, "I planned an EP for a period of one year. This song came out in the process of working on the track and title track. However, the color of this song was strong, so it was ambiguous to write it as a track or title track. It's a unique concept, so it's a unique concept. I thought that the shape of the song would suit me best. It's a pity for fans and those who waited for it, but I think it's a good song that makes me forget that regret. Last time I was a little worried, but this time I'm happy,” he explained the reason for being released as a single.

Madox said, "I think this song is more minimal and more comfortable than other songs. Personally, I think it would be nice to play it on when I have spare time at home on a sunny day. There was a reaction that it would be good to listen to it at night, but it would be good, too. It is the same," he introduced the point of impression.



Madox said, "The biggest change in my daily life is that I brought a puppy named Joey from a shelter. I'm living with the fun of raising a child," he said.

Regarding the dog Joey, "I looked at the shelter account on Instagram, and there was a picture of Joey. I wanted to bring him right after seeing it, but I had a lot of trouble because I was away from home a lot for my job. 'I contacted the thoughts and brought them,' he recalled the first meeting.

Maddox, who had experience raising a puppy even before independence, said, "I thought it would be the same as before. But when I was in the shelter, I was scared and sick. I didn't know how I grew up, so I needed a lot of attention. In some areas, raising a child. It is the same. Of course, raising a child is more difficult, but it is a feeling of experiencing it in advance.”

Madox added, "At first, I was very scared, but now I'm fine. I couldn't control my excitement and ran around and became very healthy."

Although it's been about a year's comeback, Madox has been steadily posting Vlog and cover videos for a year and communicating with fans in another way.

Madox said, "I was interested in cameras and had a dream that I wanted to become a VLogger because I watched a lot of foreign Vlog videos. I accidentally started VLOG contents and thought that I needed a way to communicate between-song releases, so I continued to proceed. In the case of the cover video, I like to try multiple attempts, but I can try it without a big burden, so I am working hard,” he said.

Madox, who has created various content for a year, has also selected the best video he thought of himself among Vlog and cover videos.

"Of the cover videos, I like 'At My Worst' of Pink Sweat $ the most. I have 4 people, and the filming and editing seem fresh. The song also responded well. I think of two things about Vlog. One is kimchi pretty another is the day brought Joey. Kimchi has had an own fun day bringing Joey is snapped wanted to deliberately leave. it seems to be a memory that you can look back in the distant future. "

in addition, in the future more diverse content He also revealed his wishes to show

"Vlog has a limited schedule, so the contents are dropping a lot and it seems to be repeated. So when Corona is quiet, I want to show content from overseas. The cover video is Hiatus Kaiyote. I want to show you a song called 'Red Room' by chance. I accidentally missed a music video on YouTube. I think I will show it soon.” In

particular, it is impressive that global fans also take a significant portion of Madox's Vlog and cover videos. Madox said, “When I see that 98% of my comments are in English, I realize that there are a lot of global fans.”

 He added, “It may be regrettable that it is not known to Koreans, but if the people who are active in Korea are not known to foreigners. It seems to have its own strengths and weaknesses.



It's been a while since it's been a while, but the fact that he couldn't meet fans with Corona 19 was also a concern for Madox.

"I want to collect the songs that have been released so far, but in reality, it will not be easy. If not, I want to go-to entertainment and experience a lot. Song promotion is important, but I want to meet many people and gain a lot of experience through various platforms.

" "I have opened my eyes to the music" through 'Sign Here', Maddox said, "There has been no difference since then. The feelings I learned and experienced at that time are still continuing."

However, “where we focus on has changed a little.” “In the past, if the weight of the musical part and the message was 5 to 5, now I am more focused on the message. In the past, there are many things I want to include alone rather than collaboration alone. But that changed by focusing on the message. That's why I was able to leave the sound of this song to Eden Hyung," he said.

Regarding the EP, which will be a larger-scale work, "I don't have an exact plan. I only made full use of the overall direction and there are songs that can be released," he said. I have to go through a meeting internally, but if I fit my mind well, I think it will come out all the time,” he said.

Then, like the saying, "Jonber wins", don't know when it will come out, my regular '













Comments