Skip to main content

'Comeback' Lee Hyun "Thank you for cheering for BTS... A new feeling for Moon in the Sea"


 Singer Lee Hyun is coming back to the fans after a long time.

Lee Hyun will release a new song 'Moon in the Sea' at 6 pm on the 17th. 'Moon in the Sea' is an impressive song with a trendy pop sound and romantic lyrics and is a perfect song for a cool summer night. You can enjoy Lee Hyun's new voice full of emotions.

In commemoration of the comeback after 1 year and 5 months, Lee Hyun, who knows how to expand the music spectrum through this song, gave an interview about the new song through his agency Big Hit Music.

The following is Lee Hyun's Q&A

-I'm curious about how it feels to make a comeback after 1 year and 5 months.

▶ Actually, I didn't know how much time had passed I think the story of singers who come back after a long time or singers with a military background are my stories. It's a bit melancholic, but it's definitely exciting.

-The new song 'Moon in the Sea' was composed by Danish musicians. It was the first time you worked with a foreign musician, was there any difference from your previous song work?

▶ I would like to take this opportunity to express my gratitude to those who wrote 'Moon in the Sea'. If it had been a composer who was familiar with the existing image of a singer named Lee Hyun, I would not have given this kind of song. There was a strong new feeling, so I wanted to put my own colors while making the most of the guide given by the composer. Just looking at the song-making process, it wasn't much different from before. Music seems to be an area that everyone can relate to without speaking.

-The theme of the song 'Sea X Moon' was selected by myself. Do you have any behind-the-scenes information on the topic?

▶ I wanted to give the feeling of summer while keeping the feel of the song. First of all, I wanted to make it fun, but the story I wanted to tell was also about love. But I didn't want to go lightly. (Laughs) I kept thinking, but I saw a sentence that moved my heart in the past. "There's never been a time when I wasn't afraid of the sea. But sometimes when I look at the moonlit sea, my fear becomes nothing." This song seems to have begun here.

- You wrote the lyrics yourself, and I'm curious about the story about the lyrics.

▶It took about a week to complete the lyrics. I wrote the lyrics with a scene in mind rather than a specific message. I used to go to the beach when I was young, but it was raining and windy during the day, so I couldn't play properly. But when it came to evening, a very beautiful full moon was floating in the wind and waves that were just right, as if it had ever happened, and I remembered the silver moonlight that followed me as I moved. When I think of 'peace', I still think of this scene. So I wanted to incorporate this image into the song. It was a song written by a foreign composer, so there were some difficult parts because the nuances of the guide and the segmentation of words were awkward. Still, I thought about the Korean lyrics that fit the guide's groove as much as possible and paid attention to pronunciation.


Pdogg Producer was in charge of directing the recording. It must have been a long time since I worked on it, but if there is an interesting episode, please let me know.

▶If Pdogg said he didn't have time, I tried to fit the recording schedule with Pdogg's schedule anyway. It was not a song that I could record while directing myself, and I thought that there was no answer unless it was poisoned (laughs).

Now that I think about it, the last work I did with Pdogg was ‘The Best of Mine’ released in 2011. It's been a long time since we've worked on it, but we didn't ask for anything excessive because we knew each other well (laughs). And when recording, directing including the singer's mood is really important, but this time Pdogg cheered me up saying "I've grown a lot~" and I thought I couldn't. Made it part of it. We joked around with each other and had a good time recording.

-'Moon in the Sea' has a more emotional voice than Lee Hyun's unique sadness. Do you have any background for doing this?

▶ I didn't reveal it, but I always had a desire to do various kinds of music. There were several attempts in the song that I had worked on by myself, which had not yet been released. I think that the 'sorrow' of my voice becomes more valuable only with such an attempt. However, I think it is better to do the challenge in a way that the public can understand. Too lonely music is a bit difficult

- What was the most important part of recording?

▶ It is too difficult to choose just one word with the word 'most'. This song was completed by paying close attention to many parts like the tentacles of an anemone. Even so, if I had to choose one thing... it was to leave a very appropriate trace of Lee Hyun in a trendy melody. To find this, I put a lot of effort into recording various versions with Pdogg. “I hope they do a lot of songs like this”, “I like this kind of song, but please do a ballad too.”



- What kind of people would you recommend 'Moon in the Sea'?

▶I don't think you can get the noblest thing without any damage. There are times when the love or other things I want are not as perfect as my heart is, and I struggle with strength. I want to say to these people, "After you endure the harsh reality of waves, you will see the beautiful moon under the sea." And I am also enduring to see the moon.

- Junior singers such as BTS and Tomorrow X Together took a reaction video and supported their comeback.

▶I am very grateful to my friends because they are much busier than most people know. Big or small, I want to be helpful and supportive to my juniors. I also feel a sense of responsibility to work harder to become a great senior and older brother. Thank you for working hard in your respective positions.
























Comments