Skip to main content

"A stepping stone to the 'Kingdom' worldview" Will Jeon Ji-hyun's 'Ashinjeon' also prosper



 The special episode 'Kingdom: Ashinjeon' of Netflix's popular series 'Kingdom' is finally released. It is noteworthy whether 'Kingdom: Ashinjeon' with actor Jun Ji-Hyun will captivate viewers around the world once again following the previous 'Kingdom' series.

On the 20th, an online production presentation of the Netflix original drama 'Kingdom: Ashinjeon' (played by Kim Eun-hee/directed by Kim Seong-hoon) was held online. Director Kim Seong-hoon and writer Kim Eun-hee, as well as Jeon Ji-Hyun, Park Byeong-eun, Kim Si-a, Kim Roe-ha, and Koo Gwan-hwa attended and talked.

'Kingdom: Asin' is a special episode of the 'Kingdom' series that tells the story of Saengsacho and Asin, the beginning of the great tragedy that covered Joseon. Director Kim Seong-hoon, who was in charge of directing season 1 of 'Kingdom' and directing and supervising the first episode of season 2, took charge of directing. In addition, writer Kim Eun-hee, who wrote seasons 1 and 2, participated in the script, signaling the beginning of a huge story that begins again.

Above all, 'Kingdom: Asinjeon' is different from 'Kingdom', which dealt with the tragedy of the plague that spread like wildfire in the south of Joseon in seasons 1 and 2, it will deal with the story of the first found in the north and its origin. It also makes us look forward to a huge story that will unfold in a vast and unfamiliar background and a previous time frame.

On this day, Kim Eun-hee revealed the reason for writing 'Kingdom: Asin'. He said, "I wondered where the raw and sacho came from. I wondered if it would be a story that could solve the curiosity about who Asin was the person who decorated the ending of season 2 and what happened in the north." He said, "I worry a lot about life and death. "I did a lot of research on the data. It is grass with a cold nature, but I was interested in the northern regions, and it started out of curiosity about what would have happened if raw and sedge plants bloomed in such places.

Director Kim Seong-hoon looked back to the time he first saw the script for the special episode. "I saw 5 or 6 treatments around the middle of season 2," he said. Then, "Writer Kim Eun-hee was a bit of a talker," he said. "It was dry, but it got deeper and richer, and I was really surprised." He continued, "I was amazed at how he was able to complete the most perfect writing in the 'Kingdom' series in such a short time. What's great is that director Jang Hang-jun, who had writer Kim Eun-hee as his wife, respected him. He said, causing the crowd to laugh.

Director Kim Seong-hoon and writer Kim Eun-hee will work together in a special episode following the 'Kingdom' series. Regarding this, writer Kim Eun-hee showed affection, saying, "It's a pleasure to work with director Kim Seong-hoon," and "a very good partner." He continued, "He always makes me nervous and motivates me." He said, "I work harder because you tell me with your eyes, 'Did you only use this?' Director Kim Seong-hoon confessed, "If I were to quote the title of the movie, it couldn't be better than this." He said, "I don't need any more words," he said.



In 'Kingdom: Asin', actress Kim Si-a plays the young Asin, and Jeon Ji-hyun, who exploded curiosity by decorating the ending of 'Kingdom' season 2, plays the adult, Asin. In addition, Park Byung-eun, who plays Min Chi-rok, the commander of Eo-yeong, who helped Crown Prince Lee Chang and guarded the palace covered with monsters in life and death, will return to give continuity to the expanded story. In addition, Kim Roe-ha takes on the role of Tahab, Ah-shin's father, and Koo Gwan-hwa undergoes a radical transformation into Aida-gan, the leader of the Pajeowi who threatens the northern border of Joseon.

First, Jeon Ji-hyun decorated the end of 'Kingdom' season 2, and then delivered Sogamel, who became the main character of the special episode. He said, "After appearing at the end of season 2 of 'Kingdom', people around me were asked, 'Why are you there?'" he said, bringing laughter. He continued, "After seeing the script for 'Kingdom: Ashenjeon', I had expectations that the worldview of 'Kingdom' could be expanded infinitely." He said, "I was very excited that I could start that."

Regarding the character, he explained, "I took on the role of Asin in 'Ashinjeon'. As a child who grew up on the border of the Yalu River and does not belong to either side, I took on the role of living after losing a loved one in some event. A person who was persecuted and despised.

He also said, "I was a fan of the 'Kingdom' series and writer Kim Eun-hee." He continued, "When I saw the author privately, I was a fan so I wanted to appear as a zombie in 'Kingdom', even in a small role, but I am honored and thankful for giving me a big role." After that, he again said, "I had no reason to worry because writer Kim Eun-hee was there." "The 'Kingdom' series can be more cautious than a zombie genre, but I thought that 'Kingdom' itself is a genre." "I was a fan of 'Kingdom' so I couldn't help but choose 'Kingdom'."

Writer Kim Eun-hee also said, "I used to be a huge fan," and "Jeon Ji-hyun is an actress with a wide spectrum." "Many people call him the queen of the loco, but actress Jun Ji-hyun, who played a character with dark pain like 'Assassination' or 'Berlin', was wonderful. " he praised. He then confessed, "Asin wanted to feel like a samurai, but with a strong appearance," he confessed. "I wrote about actor Jun Ji-Hyun from the beginning, but I was grateful that he accepted it."

At the same time, Jeon Ji-hyun also expressed a sense of burden. He said, "The people here seem to have strong hearts, but I was burdened." He said, "'Kingdom' is a series that many people like, isn't it?



Jeon Ji-Hyun shows off her archery action in 'Kingdom: Asinjeon'. When asked if there were any difficulties in acting, he replied, "Basically, I was in a state where I was prepared a lot while exercising every day." He continued, "The most important thing in 'Ashinjeon' was archery. So I practiced bowing, but in fact, there aren't many actions of Asin. It's because he defeats all the zombies with one shot." It was helpful that I did a lot of training. Other than that, there were other things to practice with the bow, but it wasn't too difficult."

Jun Ji-Hyun said, "It's really not easy to maintain physical fitness. I want to lie in bed every day and I don't want to move." "It's not easy to go out on set because it requires too much stamina. It's true that your body moves because of your passion for the work." He confessed and drew attention. In addition, Jun Ji-Hyun said, "I don't think it's a big deal for an actor to move and manage his body well. That's why I don't think he can't act in his 60s or 70s. It seems," he said. Then, "Actually, I started exercising to eat a lot of delicious food. So I eat a lot of delicious food and exercise."



Park Byung-eun also shared her feelings about appearing in 'Kingdom: Asin'. He said, "First of all, I was very happy and very grateful to be able to do 'Kingdom: Ashinjeon' together." He said, "The character Min Chi-rok in the play is a person with high loyalty and loyalty to the country. If there is, he is a soldier who can sacrifice himself. I will tell you about what kind of relationship I had with Asin and what caused that to happen.”

Park Byung-eun also said, "I never expected that we would be doing 'Kingdom: Asin' together." "I was thinking that it would be season 3 if I met Min Chi-rok again, and I was surprised when I said that it would appear in the special episode. I was surprised,” he confessed. He continued, "When I heard the brief content of 'Ashinjeon', I was very curious about the content alone, and I was also burdened with how to digest it if I took on a role like this."

Regarding the reason for appearing, he said, "At first, I was puzzled as to why such a huge piece of work came to me. I turned around and thought it was real, and I was grateful that he suggested good work." "I was happy to be able to do a special episode together." Then, he said, "I didn't like zombies that much. It's creepy and scary, but after watching season 1, I felt sorry for the green grasses that they changed their minds, and I thought the work itself was great because it was credible that they did it to live with hunger."

Regarding the burden of appearing in 'Kingdom: Ashinjeon', he said, "I don't feel any pressure," he said. He continued, "I want to repay you and give you gifts by doing my best with the writer and director." "It's work that I worked hard on, so I believe that you will enjoy it as much as I prepared it. I'm more excited than a burden." It seems," he said frankly.

Kim Si-a also drew attention by appearing as the child of Asin, played by Jeon Ji-hyun. He announced, "I auditioned and was cast as a young Asin." He continued, "I can't forget that moment when I was cast. It was so good." "I heard the news from my mom, and I was nervous at the time. I remember how good it was like to tears when my mom said 'It's perfect. ' he recalled.

Kim Si-ah added, "I don't remember what my mother said, but I said, 'I did.'" Park Byeong-eun also trembled, saying, "I think I was in tears too." Then Jeon Ji-Hyeon also said, "I want Sia's mother. I'm envious."

Afterward, when asked, "Do you think she resembles actress Kim Si-ah?", Jeon Ji-hyun said, "She is so cute and pretty that I can't say that I look like her." Kim Si-ah said, "I like Jeon Ji-Hyun's 'Assassination'" and, "I thought it was an honor to act as an actress when I was young, and I thought, 'I have to work hard' the most."

Jun Ji-Hyun recalled, "When I finished reading 'Ashinjeon', I didn't hear the story of the child role at first and knew I had to digest it from start to finish. I was so out of breath. I thought about whether I could do all the acting well." He continued, "These are very difficult emotions, and I wondered if I could be good at expressing them. I couldn't imagine reading the article. It was because the stage of expressing emotions was difficult.” “However, I was surprised to see my young friend digested the child role he knew, and I thought that I could do it with courage when I do all the works in the future. I will support you," he said, bringing warmth.



Writer Kim Eun-hee also revealed her thoughts on the secret to the popularity of the 'Kingdom' series. "I think it's because of the unusual combination of materials," he said. "I think that the most western monster, the zombie, and the most oriental Joseon Dynasty, gave me a new feeling and interest."

In addition, the reason why 'Ashinjeon' was held only once was also revealed. Writer Kim Eun-hee explained, "I was wondering how well Asin's story could be melted in season 3, but I thought it would be difficult to show more because the story is in the past tense. Director Kim Seong-hoon also said, "I also said that 'Ashinjeon' is like a stepping stone to the world of 'Kingdom', but I thought it would be burdensome if the stepping stone was too big." He added.

Writer Kim Eun-hee said, "There are many people who started with a concept that leads to season 3. If the main purpose of seasons 1 and 2 was to prevent the plague, 'Ashinjeon' has a cruel and cruel personality. I was wondering if the story could come out.” He continued, "Ashin is a very strong and dangerous character," he predicted.

Meanwhile, 'Kingdom: Ashinjeon'





















Comments