Skip to main content

Seong Si-kyung "I want you to think of a dance song when you are forty-three years old...that you are passionate about that age"


"It's a forty-three-year-old dance song. I couldn't be a dancer, but I thought I could hear many people saying, He did something hard at that age."


Singer Seong Si-Kyung, who releases the 8th studio album 'G' (Siot) after 10 years on the 21st, introduced the title song 'I Love U' at an online press conference on the 20th.

He returns to a fast-tempo song with dance, who has produced numerous ballad hits in the voice of 'falling honey' for the past 20 years.

Seong Si-Kyung said, "Tomorrow, the music video will be released and the dancing video will be released, but I think people who have seen it will be able to laugh, saying, 'There is a limit too,' rather than 'Oh, it's cool too.'

"When I was broadcasting 'On and Off', I felt that a lot of people are living doing a lot of things. It's important to do something. This song was like that for me. Wouldn't I be able to practice and dance? “In

the music video that was first released at the press conference, Seong Si-Kyung, dressed in a pink suit, dances with dancers.

Seong Si-Kyung laughed at her dance as "fluttering", but the feeling of awkwardness quickly disappeared as the cheerful melody and lyrics filled with excitement harmonize with the dance.

The story of the divine being who controls the weather in the sky is being taken away by a woman living on Earth, and in the colorful images, the sensibility of the 'recent generation' is also felt.

Seong Si-Kyung's fresh attempt seems to be fan service for fans who have been waiting for the album for a long time.

After his 7th album 'First', which came out in May 2011, the period of not releasing an album has been prolonged, and his promise to release an album soon has been delayed.

In addition, the release schedule was delayed last year due to the novel coronavirus infection (Corona 19), and it has completely filled 10 years.



Seong Si-Kyung said, "I think the concept of releasing CDs has changed these days. It has changed into a form of buying goods from my star. In that sense, I have become less and less thinking about having to release an album."

Even so, he admitted that he couldn't spend indefinitely time on music, his main job, while appearing in entertainment programs.

"It's because I'm lazy. There were things that I didn't have the courage to do, and I think I had a long affair. I regret it very much. Now I'm trying to do it without being sorry or embarrassed to release the album often."

Instead of taking a long time, he emphasized that for the first time in 20 years, I was able to work effortlessly without being chased.

In addition to the songs of Sung Si-Kyung and the best friend of the soul, Shim Hyun-bo, the songs by various artists such as Kim Na, Na Won-Ju, Kwon Soon-gwan, and Lee Gyu-ho were polished and polished.

Seong Si Gyeong-Pyo's farewell ballad 'What we once loved', 'Time that I loved you' where you can fully feel his voice through string arrangements, 'With the heart' fan song, 'What a Feeling' gives you a retro feel (WHAT A FEELING) There were a total of 14 songs, including.

In particular, in this album, Seong Si-kyung was the first to post a song written and composed by Cho Gyu-chan after his debut. It's Track 2' The Wanderer'.

It was originally made to sing by Jo Gyu-chan himself, but it was presented to Seong Si-kyung through Sim Hyun-bo's persuasion.

When Seong Si-kyung looks at Jo Gyu-chan

“I would like to hear the demo version that he sang later if Gyu-chan Jo allowed it. That’s better (laughs). I was honored to sing that, but I thought that what I sang was not crazy for the demo song."



As with Seong Si-kyung's album so far, there is no big message penetrating this album either. Words that start with 'poetry' such as love, sadness, time, wounds, people, touches, and trials were translated into music.

Seong Si-kyung laughed, saying, "If you have a good work, you're a singer who acts in my style," and "some fans ask me to sing someone else's song," he laughed.

"I just want to talk about love until I quit the singer. Love songs that I sing when I'm mature can be good, and I can sing the freshness of my 20s when I'm in my 40s. There's a lot I want to express in love songs."

Seong Si-kyung, who debuted with the single 'The Way to Me' in 2000, has grown into a middle-aged singer with a glimpse of his experience.

Just as Lee Seung-hwan said to Yoo Hee-yeol at the time of the single release, "Now the ballad world is the age of Sung Si-Kyung," Seong Si-kyung maintained the position of 'Prince of Ballad' for 20 years after his debut.

'On the street', 'You were impressed', 'Two people, 'I would like it, 'You are my spring', 'We get along pretty well, and many other hit songs were loved.

Seong Si-Kyung mentioned junior singers such as Jeong Seung-hwan, Paul Kim, and AKMU Lee Soo-hyun, and said he hopes the whole ballad genre will be loved for a long time.

"Speaking of the restaurant industry, You don't have to have only one original jokbal house. Jokbal town should be formed (laughs). It would be nice if the distance could be large."


However, he also emphasized that this album came with the heart of a new singer as much as the junior singers.

"Everything is new. I do dance songs, go out to entertainment programs and promote my album, and my physical strength is low. Haha. I want to do everything I can. The public also supports the weak, 10 I want you to know that there is a forty-three-year-old singer who has returned to dancing music in years.”










Comments